Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Ramiah Velusamy,Shanmuganathan Rajasekar
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication06/01/2014
- FormatMixed media product
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note38 black & white illustrations, 14 black & white tables
- Weight566 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Contained items statementContains Book and Other digital
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Table Of ContentsQuantum Field Theory INTRODUCTION WHY QUANTUM FIELD THEORY? WHAT IS A FIELD? CLASSICAL FIELD THEORY QUANTUM EQUATIONS FOR FIELDS QUANTIZATION OF NONRELATIVISTIC WAVE EQUATION ELECTROMAGNETIC FIELD IN VACUUM INTERACTION OF CHARGED PARTICLES WITH ELECTROMAGNETIC FIELD SPONTANEOUS EMISSION QUANTIZATION OF KLEIN-GORDON EQUATION QUANTIZATION OF DIRAC FIELD GAUGE FIELD THEORIES CONCLUDING REMARKS BIBLIOGRAPHY EXERCISES Path Integral Formulation INTRODUCTION TIME EVOLUTION OF WAVE FUNCTION AND PROPAGATOR PATH INTEGRAL REPRESENTATION OF PROPAGATOR CONNECTION BETWEEN THE PROPAGATOR AND THE CLASSICAL ACTION SCHRODINGER EQUATION FROM PATH INTEGRAL FORMULATION TRANSITION AMPLITUDE OF A FREE PARTICLE SYSTEMS WITH QUADRATIC LAGRANGIAN PATH INTEGRAL FOR HARMONIC OSCILLATOR PATH INTEGRAL VERSION OF EHRENFEST'S THEOREM CONCLUDING REMARKS BIBLIOGRAPHY EXERCISES Supersymmetric Quantum Mechanics INTRODUCTION SUPERSYMMETRIC POTENTIALS RELATIONS BETWEEN THE EIGENSTATES OF TWO SUPERSYMMETRIC HAMILTONIANS HIERARCHY OF SUPERSYMMETRIC HAMILTONIANS APPLICATIONS CONCLUDING REMARKS BIBLIOGRAPHY EXERCISES Coherent and Squeezed States INTRODUCTION THE UNCERTAINTY PRODUCT OF HARMONIC OSCILLATOR COHERENT STATES: DEFINITION AND UNCERTAINTY PRODUCT PHYSICAL MEANING OF COHERENT STATES GENERATION OF COHERENT STATES PROPERTIES OF COHERENT STATES SQUEEZED STATES DEFORMED OSCILLATORS AND NONLINEAR COHERENT STATES CONCLUDING REMARKS BIBLIOGRAPHY EXERCISES Berry's Phase, Aharonov-Bohm and Sagnac Effects INTRODUCTION DERIVATION OF BERRY'S PHASE ORIGIN AND PROPERTIES OF BERRY'S PHASE CLASSICAL ANALOGUE OF BERRY'S PHASE EXAMPLES FOR BERRY'S PHASE EFFECTS OF BERRY'S PHASE APPLICATIONS OF BERRY'S PHASE EXPERIMENTAL VERIFICATION OF BERRY'S PHASE PANCHARATNAM'S WORK THE AHARONOV-BOHM EFFECT SAGNAC EFFECT CONCLUDING REMARKS BIBLIOGRAPHY EXERCISES Phase Space Picture and Canonical Transformations INTRODUCTION SQUEEZE AND ROTATION IN PHASE SPACE LINEAR CANONICAL TRANSFORMATIONS WIGNER FUNCTION TIME EVOLUTION OF THE WIGNER FUNCTION APPLICATIONS ADVANTAGES OF THE WIGNER FUNCTION CONCLUDING REMARKS BIBLIOGRAPHY EXERCISES Quantum Computers INTRODUCTION WHAT IS A QUANTUM COMPUTER? WHY IS A QUANTUM COMPUTER? FUNDAMENTAL PROPERTIES QUANTUM ALGORITHMS FEATURES OF QUANTUM COMPUTATION QUANTUM COMPUTATION THROUGH NMR WHY IS MAKING A QUANTUM COMPUTER EXTREMELY DIFFICULT? CONCLUDING REMARKS BIBLIOGRAPHY EXERCISES QUANTUM CRYPTOGRAPHY INTRODUCTION STANDARD CRYPTOSYSTEMS QUANTUM CRYPTOGRAPHY-BASIC PRINCIPLE TYPES OF QUANTUM CRYPTOGRAPHY MULTIPARTY QUANTUM SECRET SHARING APPLICATIONS OF QUANTUM CRYPTOGRAPHY IMPLEMENTATION AND LIMITATIONS FIBER-OPTICAL QUANTUM KEY DISTRIBUTION CONCLUDING REMARKS BIBLIOGRAPHY EXERCISES Some Other Advanced Topics INTRODUCTION QUANTUM THEORY OF GRAVITY QUANTUM ZENO EFFECT QUANTUM TELEPORTATION QUANTUM GAMES QUANTUM CLONING QUANTUM DIFFUSION QUANTUM CHAOS CONCLUDING REMARKS BIBLIOGRAPHY EXERCISES Quantum Technologies INTRODUCTION QUANTUM ENTANGLEMENT QUANTUM ENTANGLED PHOTONS GHOST IMAGING DETECTION OF WEAK AMPLITUDE OBJECT ENTANGLED TWO-PHOTON MICROSCOPY DETECTION OF SMALL DISPLACEMENTS QUANTUM LITHOGRAPHY QUANTUM METROLOGY QUANTUM TELEPORTATION OF OPTICAL IMAGES CONCLUDING REMARKS BIBLIOGRAPHY EXERCISES Solutions to selected exercises Index
- Author BiographyS. Rajasekar received his B.Sc. and M.Sc. in physics both from the St. Joseph's College, Tiruchirapalli. In 1987, he received his M.Phil. in physics from Bharathidasan University, Tiruchirapalli. He was awarded a Ph.D. in physics (nonlinear dynamics) from Bharathidasan University in 1992. In 2005, he became a professor at the School of Physics, Bharathidasan University. His recent research focuses on nonlinear dynamics with a special emphasis on nonlinear resonances. He has coauthored a book, and authored or coauthored more than 80 research papers in nonlinear dynamics. R. Velusamy received his B.Sc. in physics from the Ayya Nadar Janaki Ammal College, Sivakasi in 1972 and M.Sc. in physics from the P.S.G. Arts and Science College, Coimbatore in 1974. He received an M.S. in electrical engineering at the Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai in the year 1981. In the same year, he joined in the Ayya Nadar Janaki Ammal College as an assistant professor in physics. He was awarded an M.Phil. in physics in 1988. He retired in 2010. His research topics are quantum confined systems and wave packet dynamics.
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £15.08Trending at £15.67
- £17.29Trending at £28.14
- £23.56Trending at £40.20
- £11.91Trending at £20.09
- £15.17Trending at £24.12
- £8.63Trending at £16.56
- £17.28Trending at £22.33
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.