Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £19.50Trending at £25.09
- £9.24Trending at £10.96
- £19.99Trending at £22.59
- £30.79Trending at £33.99
- £21.79Trending at £22.04
- £28.00Trending at £30.23
- £16.99Trending at £18.58
About this product
- Author(s)Marko Horbatsch
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication13/12/2011
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content NoteX, 331 p.
- Weight527 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1995
- Table Of ContentsYou can find more information from and about the author in the World Wide Web under http://www.physics.yorku.ca/physics/marko/interests.html. Contents: 1 - Problems in one dimension: 1.1 Introduction 1.2 Harmonic oscillator 1.3 A time-dependent problem 1.4 Variational method 1.5 Commutation relations 1.6 Anharmonic oscillator 2 - Bound states in 1D: 2.1 Local energy 2.2 External source 2.3 Periodic lattice 2.4 Lanczos tridiagonalization 2.5 Shooting method 2.6 Discrete space 3 - Scattering in 1D: 3.1 Wavepackets 3.2 Potential well and barrier 3.3 Tunneling ionization 3.4 Alpha decay 3.5 Motion picture 4 - Problems in 3D: 4.1 Angular momentum 4.2 Radial equation 4.3 Atomic model 4.4 Zeeman splitting 4.5 DC Stark effect 5 - Spin and time-dependent processes: 5.1 Pauli equation 5.2 Magnetic moments 5.3 Temporary perturbation 5.4 Collisional excitation 6 - Scattering in 3D: 6.1 Partial waves 6.2 Potential scattering 6.3 Born approximation 6.4 Variational method 7 - Many-particle problems: 7.1 Helium atom 7.2 Hydrogen molecule 7.3 Vibrating molecules 7.4 Angular-momentum coupling 7.5 Two-particle correlations 8 - Special functions: 8.1 Hermite polynomials 8.2 Laguerre polynomials 8.3 Legendre polynomials 8.4 Coulomb waves Two worksheets for relativistic quantum mechanics are included on the disk without description in the book.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.