All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAdvanced undergraduate and graduate students will benefit from this perspective on the fundamental physical paradigm and its applications.
- Author BiographyGennaro Auletta is Scientific Director of Science and Philosophy at the Pontifical Gregorian University, Rome. His main areas of research are quantum mechanics, logic, cognitive sciences, information theory and applications to biological systems. Mauro Fortunato is a Structurer at Cassa depositi e prestiti S.p.A., Rome. He is involved in financial engineering, applying mathematical methods of quantum physics to the pricing of complex financial derivatives and the construction of structured products. Giorgio Parisi is Professor of Quantum Theories at the University of Rome 'La Sapienza'. He has won several prizes, notably the Boltzmann Medal, the Dirac Medal and Prize, and the Daniel Heineman prize. His main research activity deals with elementary particles, theory of phase transitions and statistical mechanics, disordered systems, computers and very large scale simulations, non-equilibrium statistical physics, optimization and animal behaviour.
- Author(s)Gennaro Auletta,Giorgio Parisi,Mauro Fortunato
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication01/04/2009
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note65 b/w illus. 318 exercises
- Weight1750 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine33 mm
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.66Trending at £9.73
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £24.19Trending at £25.18
- £7.88Trending at £9.97
- £6.82Trending at £9.97
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £5.48Trending at £6.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.