All listings for this product
Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £109.19Trending at £144.64
- £40.47Trending at £40.96
- £20.00Trending at £36.30
- £56.83Trending at £57.80
- £29.96Trending at £35.90
- £25.67Trending at £29.88
- £22.72Trending at £25.92
About this product
- DescriptionThis compact presentation of quantum physics deploys examples at the simplest level that display the basic features of the system, providing undergraduates and practitioners with concise and easily assimilated coverage of nonrelativistic quantum theory.
- Author BiographyDirk Dubbers, born 1943 in Dresden/Germany, studied physics at Gottingen and Heidelberg (doctorate and habilitation at Heidelberg University). This was followed by several long-term stays at the European neutron facility Institut Laue-Langevin at Grenoble, France, among them as Director of ILL. He held several professorships at Technical University Munich and Heidelberg University. In 1991 Dirk Dubbers has received the Stern-Gerlach Award of the German Physical Society. The former Dean of Physics Department and former Director of the Physics Institute of Heidelberg University is also a honorary doctor of Vienna University of Technology. H.-J. Stockmann, born 1945 in Gottingen/Germany, studied physics at the university of Heidelberg where he obtained his PhD in 1972 and the degree of habilitation in 1978. Since 1979 he is professor of experimental physics at the university of Marburg, where he developed the microwave techniques to study experimentally the quantum-mechanical properties of chaotic and disordered systems. He is author of an introductory monograph on quantum chaos.
- Author(s)Dirk Dubbers,Hans-Jurgen Stockmann
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication10/01/2013
- Series TitleGraduate Texts in Physics
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note57 black & white illustrations, 5 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight584 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition Statement2013 ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.