CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Quantum Statistical Mechanics in the Natural Sciences: A Volume Dedicated to Lars Onsager on the Occasion of His Seventieth Birthday by Springer-Verlag New York Inc. (Paperback, 2013)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.64Trending at £8.94
- £4.37Trending at £4.55
- £9.51Trending at £10.03
- £3.02Trending at £3.98
- £8.79Trending at £10.34
- £6.35Trending at £7.95
- £9.81Trending at £12.48
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication26/05/2013
- Series TitleStudies in the Natural Sciences
- Series Part/Volume Number4
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note6 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight866 g
- Width170 mm
- Height244 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byStephan L. Mintz
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1974
- Table Of ContentsSection One Biology.- Life in the Early Days.- The Fluctuating Enzyme.- Diffusion Control in Biochemical Reactions.- Phase Transitions of Phospholipids.- Theory and Density Measurements of the Lipid Bilayer Phase Transition.- Stability of Helical Nucleic Acids.- Thermodynamic Perspectives and the Origin of Life.- Section Two Statistical Mechanics.- High Frequency Dielectric Response in Dipolar Systems.- Exact Derivation of the Onsager Limiting Law.- The Effect of Wall Charge on the Capillary Rise of Electrolytes.- Density of States of Topologically Disordered Amorphous Semiconductors.- Irreversibility.- Surface Specific Heat of Crystals. I.- Zeros of the Grand Partition Function.- Response, Relaxation and Fluctuation.- What is New in the Ising Model.- Critical Exponents Below Tc Via Skeleton Graphs (Ising-Like Case).- Section Three Quantum Mechanics and Low Temperature Physics.- The Ghost of a Vanished Vortex Ring.- Propagation of Second Sound and Heat Pulses in Solid Helium Crystals.- Low Temperature and Macroscopic Quantization: Tools for Experimental Physicists.- Special Functions in the Computer Era.- Negative Temperatures in Type-II Superconductors.- Superfluidity in Two Dimensions.- List of Participants.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.