Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £26.57Trending at £27.21
- £23.98Trending at £29.99
- £7.45Trending at £11.04
- £14.99Trending at £17.00
- £14.87Trending at £16.69
- £8.44Trending at £9.57
- £4.51Trending at £5.02
About this product
- DescriptionAn important overview of Quaternary climates including detailed Pleistocene and Holocene sea-level changes, for researchers and graduate and advanced undergraduate students.
- Author BiographyColin V. Murray-Wallace is a Quaternary geologist and currently a Professor and Head of the School of Earth and Environmental Sciences in the University of Wollongong. His long-standing research interests have centred on Quaternary sea-level changes, neotectonics, carbonate depositional systems and amino acid racemization dating, and he has undertaken coastal field investigations in southern Australia, Vietnam, Hawaii and South Africa. Professor Murray-Wallace was project leader of IGCP (International Geological Correlation Program) project 437 (1999-2003) 'Coastal environmental change during sea-level highstands', and leader of the INQUA (International Union for Quaternary Research) Coastal and Marine Commission (2004-7). He has served as Editor-in-Chief of the journal Quaternary Science Reviews since 2008. Colin D. Woodroffe is a coastal geomorphologist in the School of Earth and Environmental Sciences at the University of Wollongong. He has studied the stratigraphy and development of coasts in Australia and New Zealand, as well as on islands in the West Indies and Indian and Pacific Oceans. He has written and co-authored three coastal studies books. Professor Woodroffe was national representative on the INQUA Quaternary Shorelines subcommission, and served on the committees of both the IGCP project 274 'Coastal Evolution in the Quaternary' and its follow-up project, and on the Scientific Steering Committee of the LOICZ (Land-Ocean Interactions in the Coastal Zone) project within IGBP. He was a lead author on the coastal chapter in the 2007 Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) Fourth Assessment Report. In 2012 he was awarded the R. J. Russell Award from the Coast and Marine Specialty Group of the Association of American Geographers.
- Author(s)Colin D. Woodroffe,Colin V. Murray-Wallace
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication30/01/2014
- GenreGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note132 b/w illus.
- Weight1000 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine27 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.