All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.83Trending at £6.09
- £6.82Trending at £9.97
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £14.94Trending at £18.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.65
- £24.19Trending at £25.18
- £25.99Trending at £28.47
About this product
- DescriptionThe authors in this edited volume use a queer perspective to address colonialism as localized in the Global South, to analyze how the queer can be decolonized, and to map the implications of such conversations on hegemonic and alternative understandings of modernity.
- Author BiographyMaria Amelia Viteri holds a PhD in Cultural Anthropology from American University in Washington DC, with a focus on race, gender and social justice, and is currently Professor of Anthropology at Universidad San Francisco de Quito (USFQ). Her research bridges citizenship, belonging and identity within a transnational and intersectional framework that highlights sexuality and gender at its core. Her work incorporates visual arts as additional tools that bring academia closer to activists' and local communities' concerns, and has informed both academic knowledge and public policy. Moving between the geo-political spaces of the US and Ecuador through research and teaching, she speaks from the position of a transnational herself. She is the author of Desbordes: Translating Racial, Ethnic, Sexual and Gender Identities across the Americas. Manuela Lavinas Picq is Professor of International Relations at Universidad San Francisco de Quito (USFQ), Ecuador. She has been Member at the Institute for Advanced Study (2014), Lowenstein Fellow at Amherst College (2011), and a fellow at the Woodrow Wilson Center (2005). She is the co-editor of Sexualities in World Politics and publishes both in scholarly journals and international media.
- PublisherPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Date of Publication24/11/2015
- GenreCultural Studies
- Series TitleQueering Paradigms
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Place of PublicationPieterlen
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- First Published2015
- ImprintPeter Lang AG, Internationaler Verlag der Wissenschaften
- Weight510 g
- Width150 mm
- Height225 mm
- Edited byManuela Lavinas Picq,Maria Amelia Viteri
- Edition StatementNew edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.