All listings for this product
Best-selling in Religion & Beliefs
Save on Religion & Beliefs
- £114.95Trending at £116.95
- £89.99Trending at £98.64
- £6.99Trending at £9.60
- £8.22Trending at £9.49
- £11.10Trending at £13.78
- £11.59Trending at £14.24
- £9.97Trending at £13.08
About this product
- Author(s)John Morreall
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication17/06/2014
- GenreChristianity: General
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations
- Weight535 g
- Width160 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Table Of Contents1. WHY ASK QUESTIONS? A. Two Sources of Questions: Disagreement and Change B. In the Beginning: Jesus and the Kingdom of God C. Turning Christianity into a Set of Doctrines D. Turning Christianity into the State Religion of the Roman Empire E. What Would Jesus Do? F. Is Believing Doctrines the Essence of Christianity? G. Asking Questions Is Part of Being a Christian H. Paying Careful Attention to Words 2. THOUGHTFUL FAITH A. Is it all right to think carefully about the religion you grew up in? B. Is careful thinking opposed to faith? C. Is faith a kind of knowledge? D. Could some of my religious beliefs be false? E. Is faith always good? 3. THE BIBLE A. Is the Bible a book? B. Is the Bible the word of God? C. Does the Bible tell us all we need to know to live a good life? D. Is the Bible necessary for living a good life? E. Is the Bible scientifically and historically accurate? 4. JESUS CHRIST A. Is Jesus Christ the Messiah? B. Is Jesus Christ the Savior? C. Did Jesus Christ die for our sins? D. Is Jesus Christ the Son of God? E. Did Jesus Christ teach doctrines? 5. THE TRINITY A. Are Jesus Christ and God of the same substance ? B. Does the Holy Spirit refer to someone other than the God of the Bible? C. Does the Bible say that God is three persons in one substance? D. Do the early creeds say that God is three persons in one substance? E. Is the Trinity a mystery? 6. THE FALL A. Did the human race start out perfect? B. Are babies born depraved and deserving of hell? C. Is death a penalty for sin? D. Can we do good actions by ourselves? E. Do we have free will? 7. LIFE AFTER DEATH A. Am I a soul or spirit? B. Did Jesus say that our souls go to heaven or hell when we die? C. Are there people in heaven and hell right now? D. Could I be resurrected as Jesus was? E. Could God punish people forever? 8. ANGELS AND DEMONS A. Do angels have wings and demons have horns? B. Do angels live in heaven and demons live in hell? C. Is there a guardian angel for each person? D. Is Satan an angel who led a rebellion against God? E. Do demons possess people? 9. THE GOOD LIFE A. Is being good obeying a set of commands? B. Would Jesus oppose gay marriage? C. Would Jesus favor capital punishment? D. Would Jesus join the U.S. Marines? E. Would Jesus shop 'til he dropped? 10. CHURCHES A. Did Jesus or his followers go to church? B. Did Jesus start a church? C. Did Jesus want people to be forced to join a church? D. Did Jesus want 34,000 churches? E. Do any churches today embody Jesus' Kingdom of God ?
- Author BiographyJohn Morreall is professor of religious studies and chair of the department at the College of William and Mary. He has published widely, including The Religion Toolkit: A Complete Guide to Religious Studies.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.