Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £12.49Trending at £12.63
- £12.68Trending at £14.87
- £24.99Trending at £42.96
- £6.17Trending at £6.29
- £12.99Trending at £15.30
- £24.94Trending at £28.69
- £10.12Trending at £13.47
About this product
- DescriptionFor the first time, the dramatic changes the Qur'anic code underwent during the Umayyad period (660-750 C.E.) are analysed and presented on the basis of a selection of material in good part unpublished. Winner of 23rd I.R. Iran World Award for the Book of the Year 2016!
- Author BiographyFrancois Deroche, Ph.D. in History (1987, Sorbonne) is Professor of History and codicology of the Arabic handwritten book at Ecole pratique des hautes etudes in Paris. He has published Islamic Codicology (2005), La transmission ecrite du Coran dans les debuts de l'islam (2009) and many contributions on early Qur'anic manuscripts.
- Author(s)Francois Deroche
- Date of Publication01/09/2013
- GenreNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleLeiden Studies in Islam and Society
- Series Part/Volume Numberv.1
- Place of PublicationLeiden
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- Content Note7 black & white illustrations, 38 colour illustrations
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.