Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.77Trending at £4.82
- £30.47Trending at £50.51
- £4.44Trending at £7.98
- £14.32Trending at £20.20
- £7.25Trending at £10.86
- £5.09Trending at £5.55
- £7.81Trending at £10.49
About this product
- Author(s)Aloysius Lim,William Tjhi
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication29/01/2015
- GenreComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Author BiographyAloysius Lim has a knack for translating complex data and models into easy-to-understand insights. As cofounder of About People, a data science and design consultancy, he loves solving problems and helping others to find practical solutions to business challenges using data. His breadth of experience-7 years in the government, education, and retail industries-equips him with unique perspectives to find creative solutions. William Tjhi is a data scientist with years of experience working in academia, government, and industry. He began his data science journey as a PhD candidate researching new algorithms to improve the robustness of high-dimensional data clustering. Upon receiving his doctorate, he moved from basic to applied research, solving problems among others in molecular biology and epidemiology using machine learning. He published some of his research in peer-reviewed journals and conferences. With the rise of Big Data, William left academia for industry, where he started practicing data science in both business and public sector settings. William is passionate about R and has been using it as his primary analysis tool since his research days. He was once part of Revolution Analytics, and there he contributed to make R more suitable for Big Data.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.