Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £13.74Trending at £16.55
- £13.11Trending at £19.89
- £5.35Trending at £5.99
- £10.99Trending at £19.90
- £18.34Trending at £23.89
- £7.00Trending at £8.49
- £14.89Trending at £17.18
About this product
- DescriptionHow does this term art work, and why does it matter? Written by an award-winning teacher as a response to the challenge increasingly voiced by many of his students, What is 'art,' anyway, and why should I care? this book is a welcome response that aims to bring readers into meaningful relationships with art.
- Author BiographySteve Shipps is Associate Professor in the Department of Visual and Media Studies at Emerson College. He is an arts educator concerned primarily with the nature and history of art as a Western cultural institution. An award-winning teacher, he has been a Fellow of the National Endowment for the Humanities and of the Getty Center for Education in the Arts.
- Author(s)Steve Shipps
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication15/02/2008
- GenreThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationChicester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWiley-Blackwell (an imprint of John Wiley & Sons Ltd)
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight382 g
- Width147 mm
- Height222 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.