All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSuitable for keen gardeners, this title provides gardening advice and step-by-steps on pruning to propagation. It shows how to grow fruit and vegetables in containers and green roofs. It helps you to create and keep your garden perfect all year round.
- Author BiographyFormerly Director General of the Royal Horticultural Society, Chris is an eminent plantsman. In 1976 he was awarded the RHS Victoria Medal of Honour for his services to horticulture, followed by the CBE in 1991. A former editor of The Plantsman, he has published many botanical and horticultural papers and articles and chaired the International Commission for the Nomenclature of Cultivated Plants. In 1990 he was editor-in-chief for the first edition of Dorling Kindersley's bestselling RHS Encyclopedia of Plants & Flowers (now in its 5th edition and with sales of over a million copies in the UK). This was followed by RHS Encyclopedia of Gardening, RHS A-Z Encyclopedia of Garden Plants and RHS Pruning & Training. He has recently completed full updates of both the A-Z of Garden Plants and Pruning & Training.
- PublisherDorling Kindersley Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2012
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight3152 g
- Width239 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine48 mm
Most relevant reviews
- c_gutteridge28 Feb, 2015by
Seems like the ideal book for horticulturalists!
I bought this for a mothers day present, I'm not a gardening enthusiast myself, so I can't make any comments about the contents. However I chose this book because it seemed to have all the information a garden enthusiast would want to be interested in.
Best-selling in Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
Save on Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
- £1.99Trending at £2.41
- £1.95Trending at £2.88
- £2.35Trending at £2.95
- £1.25Trending at £1.51
- £13.64Trending at £19.98
- £14.89Trending at £16.11
- £8.26Trending at £8.77