All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Royal School of Needlework teaches hand embroidery to the highest standard, developing techniques in new and innovative ways. Graduate Apprentice and tutor, Becky Hogg, shows how to develop many different patterns from the basic blackwork stitches, using detailed instructions and beautiful examples of traditional and contemporary embroideries.
- Author BiographyBecky Hogg achieved a first class honours degree in Textiles at Loughborough School of Art, then specialised in traditional hand embroidery as a Graduate Apprentice at the Royal School of Needlework, where she learned blackwork, goldwork, silk shading and whitework. She worked in the studios of the Royal School of Needlework for nine years on diverse and prestigious commissions including replica curtains for the Royal Opera House and the Commonwealth banner for the Queen's Jubilee. She now works freelance from her London studio and teaches hand embroidery at art colleges and at the Royal School of Needlework.
- Author(s)Becky Hogg
- PublisherSearch Press Ltd
- Date of Publication29/09/2010
- FormatSpiral bound
- GenreHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Series TitleEssential Stitch Guides
- Place of PublicationTunbridge Wells
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSearch Press Ltd
- Content Note136 Illustrations, color
- Weight406 g
- Width155 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine15 mm
Most relevant reviews
- clarence1*201307 Jul, 2017by
If you haven't done Blackwork before, this gives you all th stitches you nee.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: New
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £4.58Trending at £4.72
- £9.27Trending at £13.00
- £18.33Trending at £26.09
- £12.58Trending at £22.93
- £10.82Trending at £13.80
- £9.79Trending at £11.98
- £19.77Trending at £27.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.