Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.04
- £23.12Trending at £34.99
- £10.01Trending at £10.67
- £24.23Trending at £25.25
- £17.16Trending at £22.74
- £21.65Trending at £24.06
- £4.99Trending at £6.16
About this product
- DescriptionWhat is the relationship between US imperialism in Arab homelands and anti-Arab racism in the lives of Arab Americans? What is the significance of whiteness studies to Arab American studies? This book locates September 11 as a turning point in the history of Arab American engagements with race, multiculturalism, and Americanization.
- Author BiographyAmaney Jamal is assistant professor of politics at Princeton University. She is the author of Barriers to Democracy: The Other Side of Social Capital in Palestine and the Arab World (forthcoming). Nadine Naber is assistant professor in the Department of Women's Studies and the Program in American Culture at the University of Michigan. Her articles have appeared in the Journal of Feminist Studies, Journal of Ethnic Studies, and Journal of Cultural Dynamics. She is coeditor of Gender, Nation, and Belonging, a special issue of MIT Electronic Journal of Middle East Studies.
- PublisherSyracuse University Press
- Date of Publication15/03/2008
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleArab American Writing
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSyracuse University Press
- Content Notenotes, bibliography, index
- Weight689 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byAmaney A. Jamal,Nadine Naber
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.