All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTHIS IS A NEW, UNPUBLISHED, ARTHUR RANSOME STORY. It describes a sailing cruise in Latvia with his new wife Evgenia (formerly Trotsky's secretary) up the Aa River, from Riga to Mitau and back. A classic Ransome story, it is illustrated with his own photos.
- Author BiographyArthur Ransome was born in Leeds in 1884 and went to school at Rugby. He was in Russia in 1917, and witnessed the Revolution, which he reported for the Manchester Guardian. After escaping to Scandinavia, he settled in the Lake District with his Russian wife. Ransome died in 1967. He and his wife Evgenia lie buried in the churchyard of St Paul's Church, Rusland, in the southern Lake District.
- Author(s)Arthur Ransome
- PublisherFernhurst Books Limited
- Date of Publication31/03/2002
- GenreTravel Writing
- Place of PublicationArundel
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFernhurst Books
- Out-of-print date24/09/2015
- Content Note60 photographs, illustrations, maps
- Weight458 g
- Width180 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Volume editorBrian Hammett
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.