CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £25.67Trending at £26.03
- £137.64Trending at £151.99
- £42.34Trending at £46.00
- £39.38Trending at £45.89
- £25.99Trending at £26.79
- £10.33Trending at £11.38
- £112.24Trending at £170.43
About this product
- DescriptionThis book comprehensively reviews imaging of the pediatric gastrointestinal tract and accessory digestive organs from a practical approach.
- Author BiographyA native of Amsterdam, the Netherlands, Dr. Blickman matriculated at the College of The Holy Cross; Worcester, MA; Degree: A.B. Chemistry/Biology, 1974; subsequently at Boston University, Boston, MA: Degree: M.D., 1978; and to round off his academic education at Erasmus Universiteit, Rotterdam, The Netherlands a Ph.D. 1991.Residency in Diagnostic Radiology at Beth Israel in Boston, MA, 79-82; with a Fellowship in Pediatric Radiology completed at Harvard Medical School, Childrens Hospital, Boston, MA 1983-1985.His professional career since then includes being an administrator and pediatric radiologist: rising to Professor of Radiology & Pediatrics, Boston University School of Medicine Boston MA (1985-89, 1996-2000) sandwiched around being an Associate Professor of Radiology at Harvard Medical School while Division Chief of Pediatric Radiology at MGH 1989-1995.He then returned to his native the Netherlands as Professor& Chairman, Department of Radiology, UMC Nijmegen The Netherlands, 2000-2008.Returning to the USA in 2009, he has since served as Professor and Vice Chairman, Dept. of Imaging Sciences URMC, Rochester, NY and Radiologist-in-Chief at the Golisano Childrens Hospital, Rochester NY. His bibliography includes 9 Books and Monographs, >120 Juried or Refereed Journals articles, >8 book chapters. Teacher of the year twice, he lectures wordwide and also functions since 2009 as Editor-in-Chief, European Journal of Radiology and Associate Editor, GoRad.A native of Malta; Dr. Stafrace graduated in Medicine and Surgery (M.D.) at the University of Malta Medical School in 1999.After completing MRCP (UK) - (Internal Medicine) in 2002 he relocated to the U.K. where he underwent residency training in Radiology through the North of Scotland Radiology training scheme (2003-2007). Following this he pursued specialist training in Pediatric Radiology at the Children's University Hospital, Temple street and Our Lady's Hospital for Sick Children, Crumlin, both in Dublin, Republic of Ireland (2007-2008). His first appointment as a Consultant Radiologist was in Scotland (U.K.) at the Aberdeen's Royal Children's Hospital and Aberdeen Royal Infirmary (2008-2014).His professional career has been focused on being a Pediatric radiologist, educator and administrator. He has held numerous positions at national and international colleges and societies; was a board member of the European Society of Pediatric Radiology (ESPR) (2008-2013) and is currently a member of its Educational Committee (2015-). He was elected a Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh in 2013. To date, he has authored/co-authored >20 book chapters and peer reviewed articles. Dr. Stafrace recently moved to Qatar as an Attending Physician in Pediatric Radiology at Sidra Medical and Research Center where he also holds an appointment as an Assistant Professor in Clinical Radiology at Weill Cornell Medical College - Qatar.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication01/07/2016
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Series TitleMedical Radiology
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note50 Tables, color; 68 Illustrations, color; 206 Illustrations, black and white; X, 350 p. 274 illus., 68 illus. in color.
- Weight924 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Edited byJohan G. Blickman,Samuel Stafrace
- Edition Statement2nd ed. 2016
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.