All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn this stunning new book, young crafter Elspeth Jackson reinvents the old (and somewhat forgotten) technique of rag rugging to create contemporary and sustainable homeware items from leftover fabrics.
- Author BiographyElspeth Jackson has been a keen crafter since she was a little girl but nothing quite stole her heart in the same way as rag rugging. It all began when her mother taught her how to rag rug when she was 14 years old, which led to her winning second prize in a school competition. Ever since, she has been rag rugging anything that will stay still long enough. She prides herself on making rag rugging accessible to everyone and bringing this age-old British craft into the twenty-first century with manageable, contemporary designs. She has established herself as one of the leading rag ruggers in the country and continues to push the boundaries of what can be done with upcycled rags. In 2014 Elspeth founded her company Ragged Life (www.ragged-life.com) to sell rag rug homeware, fashion and art. She now sells rag rug starter kits and runs rag rug workshops across the UK.
- Author(s)Elspeth Jackson
- PublisherRyland, Peters & Small Ltd
- Date of Publication11/10/2016
- GenreHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCICO Books
- Content Note250 col photographs and illustrations
- Weight525 g
- Width208 mm
- Height276 mm
- Format DetailsWith flaps
Best-selling in Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
Save on Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
- £1.99Trending at £2.26
- £30.35Trending at £42.88
- £9.88Trending at £14.94
- £14.09Trending at £15.19
- £7.49Trending at £7.67
- £15.08Trending at £24.92
- £14.05Trending at £17.41
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.