All listings for this product
Consider these sponsored items
- £9.81Was:£9.99Free postage
- £9.53Was:£9.99Free postage
About this product
- DescriptionFollowing the changing fortunes of the Mau-Tempo family - poor, landless peasants not unlike the author's own grandparents, this book charts the family's lives in Alentjo, southern Portugal, as national and international events rumble on in the background - the coming of the republic in Portugal, and the First and Second World Wars.
- Author BiographyJose Saramago is one of the most important international writers of the last hundred years. Born in Portugal in 1922 in the small rural village of Azinhaga, he was in his fifties when he came to prominence as a writer with the publication of Baltasar & Blimunda. A huge body of work followed, which included plays, poetry, short stories, non-fiction and over a dozen novels, translated into more than forty languages, and in 1998 he was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature. He died in June 2010.
- Author(s)Jose Saramago
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication07/11/2013
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight281 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Translated byMargaret Jull Costa
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.44Trending at £4.78
- £8.36Trending at £15.33
- £13.11Trending at £15.00
- £12.77Trending at £13.46
- £6.54Trending at £8.97
- £4.15Trending at £6.16
- £7.23Trending at £9.02
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.