All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.36Trending at £4.51
- £9.51Trending at £9.95
- £2.70Trending at £4.00
- £8.79Trending at £10.49
- £6.35Trending at £7.30
- £9.81Trending at £12.44
- £7.48Trending at £8.16
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the 1850s and the Civil War to emancipation and the official end of Reconstruction in 1877, this work examines slave emancipation and opposition to it as a national event with social, political, and cultural consequences. It analyzes multiple views of black child to demonstrate how Americans contested and defended slavery and its abolition.
- Author BiographyMary Niall Mitchell is Associate Professor of History at the University of New Orleans.
- Author(s)Mary Niall Mitchell
- PublisherNew York University Press
- Date of Publication09/04/2010
- GenreRegional History
- Series TitleAmerican History and Culture Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew York University Press
- Content Note32 illustrations
- Weight463 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.