All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Windy Dryden
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/12/2014
- GenreMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleCBT Distinctive Features
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note3 black & white illustrations, 2 black & white tables, 3 black & white line drawings
- Weight158 g
- Width123 mm
- Height186 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction. Part I: The Distinctive Theoretical Features of REBT. Post-Modern Relativism. REBT's Position on Human Nature and Other Theoretical Emphases: Distinctiveness In the Mix. REBT's Distinctive ABC Model. Rigidity is at the Core of Psychological Disturbance. Flexibility is at the Core of Psychological Health. Extreme beliefs are Derived From Rigid Beliefs. Non-Extreme Beliefs are Derived From Flexible Beliefs. Distinction Between Unhealthy Negative Emotions (UNEs) and Healthy Negative Emotions (HNEs). Explaining Why Clients' Inferences Are Highly Distorted. Position on Human Worth. Distinction Between Ego and Discomfort. Disturbance and Health. Focus on Meta-Emotional Disturbance. The Biological Basis of Human Irrationality. Choice-Based Constructivism and Going Against the Grain. Position on Good Mental Health. Part II: The Distinctive Practical Features of REBT. The Therapeutic Relationship in REBT. Position on Case Formulation. Psycho-Educational Emphasis. Dealing with Problems in Order: (i) Disturbance; (ii) Dissatisfaction; (iii) Development. Early Focus on iBs. Helping Clients to Change Their Irrational Beliefs to Rational Beliefs. Use of Logical Arguments in Disputing Beliefs. Variety of Therapeutic Styles. Discourages Gradualism. Change is Hard Work and the Use of Therapist Force and Energy. Emphasis on Teaching Clients General Rational Philosophies and Encouraging Them to Make a Profound Philosophic Change. Compromises in Therapeutic Change. Focus on Clients' Misconceptions, Doubts, Reservations, and Objections to REBT. Therapeutic Effciency. Theoretically Consistent Eclecticism.
- Author BiographyWindy Dryden is in full-time clinical and consultative practice and is an international authority on rational emotive behaviour therapy (REBT). He has worked in psychotherapy for more than 40 years and is the author and editor of over 200 books.
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.00Trending at £22.56
- £20.95Trending at £21.65
- £22.95Trending at £23.26
- £23.72Trending at £26.09
- £40.35Trending at £40.79
- £42.67Trending at £47.27
- £20.65Trending at £21.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.