Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £5.42Trending at £5.52
- £10.54Trending at £10.86
- £14.90Trending at £15.06
- £19.59Trending at £26.31
- £9.12Trending at £9.52
- £13.65Trending at £14.10
- £12.17Trending at £13.78
About this product
- DescriptionPoignant and inspirational thoughts in rhyme, written by one woman. A journey through depression, breast cancer, lupus and life.
- Author BiographyJane Gill-Wilson grew up in Worsley, Manchester in the 1960s. Born with the rare genetic syndrome Goldenhar, she spent much of her childhood in hospital having corrective surgery. In 1980 she left home to pursue her dream of becoming a nurse and qualified as an SRN in 1983. Sadly her adult life became blighted by illness; in 1996 after almost two decades of ill health she was diagnosed with Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. Shortly afterwards, it was discovered she had Breast Cancer. In 1997 she underwent her first mastectomy; beginning a journey which tested her faith, endurance and saw her undergoing more than twelve operations in ten years. In 1998 she was voted Accrington Observer Woman Of The Year in recognition of her fund raising endeavours in the face of adversity. She now lives in Lancashire and is divorced with three grown up children.
- Author(s)Jane Gill-Wilson
- PublisherSilverWood Books Ltd
- Date of Publication04/01/2011
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSilverWood Books Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight59 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.