CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £7.80Trending at £10.19
- £8.99Trending at £11.20
- £31.22Trending at £32.42
- £24.56Trending at £26.99
- £20.99Trending at £24.98
- £16.56Trending at £25.20
- £20.36Trending at £23.13
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines contemporary performances of authenticity in travel and tourism practices. It re-thinks and re-invests in the notion of authenticity as a surplus of experiential meaning and feeling. Drawing on a range of perspectives and cases, it explores how the feeling of authenticity within places is produced.
- Author BiographyBritta Timm Knudsen is Associate Professor at the Scandinavian Department, Aarhus University, Denmark. Her research is within culture and media studies, event culture and experience economy, cultural heritage tourism and memory culture. She has recently published books and articles on realism, witnessing on TV, nostalgia, and thanatourism (http://begivenhedskultur.dk). Anne Marit Waade is Associate Professor at the Institute of Information and Media Studies, Aarhus University, Denmark. Her research is within media aesthetics, visual culture, mediated tourism and market communications, and she has recently published articles on crime fiction tourism (www.krimiforsk.aau.dk) and travel series (www.tvunderholdning.au.dk) and a book in Danish on media and tourism (Jensen & Waade, 2009).
- PublisherChannel View Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication01/01/2010
- GenreBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleTourism and Cultural Change
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChannel View Publications
- Weight399 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byAnne Marit Waade,Britta Timm Knudsen
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.