All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUsing feminist, critical race, and postcolonial theoretical and pedagogical lenses, this book uses visual discourse analysis and visual semiology to situate the narratives within Islamophobia and neo-Orientalism in the post-9/11 media context. It examines the visual discourse of Orientalism through the pedagogy of contemporary graphic narratives.
- Author BiographyRachel Bailey Jones (PhD in Curriculum and Teaching from the University of North Carolina at Greensboro) is Assistant Professor of Social & Psychological Foundations of Education at Nazareth College in Rochester, New York. She also serves as the Program Director for the program in Women and Gender Studies. She taught art at the elementary level in North Carolina. Her first book is entitled Postcolonial Representations of Women: Critical Issues for Education (2011).
- Author(s)Rachel Bailey Jones
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication23/12/2014
- GenreCommunication & Media
- Series TitleMinding the Media
- Series Part/Volume Number12
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2014
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight360 g
- Width150 mm
- Height224 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement1st New edition
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £8.64Trending at £8.97
- £4.37Trending at £4.56
- £9.51Trending at £10.07
- £8.79Trending at £12.98
- £2.81Trending at £4.00
- £8.89Trending at £10.38
- £6.35Trending at £7.98
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.