All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA guide to the arts of reading, analysing and enjoying poetry. While emphasising the importance of close textual analysis - or reading in slow motion - it demonstrates how an understanding of form, language and context can combine to produce sophisticated and original responses to all types of poetry.
- Author BiographyTom Furniss is Senior Lecturer in English Studies at the Universityof Strathclyde in Glasgow, where he has spent nearly twenty years teaching poetry, literary theory and Romanticism. Michael Bath taught English literature for more than 30 years at the University of Strathclyde, where his research interests centred on relations between literature and the visual arts, emblems and iconology.
- Author(s)Michael Bath,Tom Furniss
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/06/2007
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight1090 g
- Width170 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Most relevant reviews
- alaaghamdi1117 May, 2016by
Speedy deilvery. Thanks
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £13.91Trending at £19.99
- £9.41Trending at £9.99
- £8.40Trending at £8.52
- £6.72Trending at £8.99
- £7.30Trending at £9.96
- £10.10Trending at £18.16
- £13.40Trending at £26.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.