All listings for this product
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £22.53Trending at £23.73
- £21.13Trending at £29.90
- £5.35Trending at £5.98
- £5.50Trending at £5.78
- £13.47Trending at £25.43
- £18.30Trending at £29.77
- £18.23Trending at £18.95
About this product
- DescriptionExplores the rich literary character and rhetorical strategies of Giorgio Vasari's 'Lives of the Most Eminent Painters, Sculptors and Architects', which tells the story of Italian art as it unfolded from its beginnings in the fourteenth century to its pinnacle in Michelangelo and the art of the Academy in the mid-16th century.
- Author BiographyAnne B. Barriault is an art historian, writer and editor for the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts Foundation, Richmond. Andrew T. Ladis is Franklin Professor of Art at the University of Georgia, Athens. Norman E. Land is Professor of Italian Renaissance and Baroque Art History at the University of Missouri-Columbia. Jeryldene M. Wood is Associate Professor of Art History in Italian Renaissance Art, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign.
- PublisherPhilip Wilson Publishers Ltd
- Date of Publication28/10/2005
- GenreIndividual Artists / Art Monographs
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSotheby's Publications
- Content Note60 illustrations
- Weight1275 g
- Width184 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byAndrew T. Ladis,Anne B. Barriault,Jeryldene M. Wood,Norman E. Land
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.