All listings for this product
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
About this product
- DescriptionReading the American Novel 1780-1865 provides valuable insights into the evolution and diversity of fictional genres produced in the United States from the late 18th century until the Civil War, and helps introductory students to interpret and understand the fiction from this popular period.
- Author BiographyShirley Samuels is Professor of English and American Studies at Cornell University. She is the author of Romances of the Republic (1996) and Facing America (2004), and editor of The Culture of Sentiment (1992) and The Companion to American Fiction, 1780 1865 (2004). She also edited the Cambridge Companion to Abraham Lincoln (2012).
- Author(s)Shirley Samuels
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/2013
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleReading the Novel
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight268 g
- Width153 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.