All listings for this product
Best-selling in Religion & Beliefs
Save on Religion & Beliefs
- £19.99Trending at £27.15
- £12.99Trending at £22.99
- £5.79Trending at £6.98
- £39.99Trending at £49.77
- £8.90Trending at £17.49
- £32.80Trending at £49.99
- £9.96Trending at £10.10
About this product
- PublisherColumbia University Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2009
- GenreReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Series TitleColumbia Readings of Buddhist Literature
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintColumbia University Press
- Content Note10 illus.
- Weight397 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byJacqueline Stone,Stephen F. Teiser
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Table Of ContentsContentsForeword, by Sheng YenPreface, by Stephen F. Teiser and Jacqueline I. Stone1. Interpreting the Lotus Sutra, by Stephen F. Teiser and Jacqueline I. Stone2. Expedient Devices, the One Vehicle, and the Life Span of the Buddha, by Carl Bielefeldt3. Gender and Hierarchy in the Lotus Sutra, by Jan Nattier4. The Lotus Sutra and Self-Immolation, by James A. Benn5. Buddhist Practice and the Lotus Sutra in China, by Daniel B. Stevenson6. Art of the Lotus Sutra, by Willa Jane Tanabe 7. Bodily Reading of the Lotus Sutra, by Ruben L. F. Habito8. Realizing This World as the Buddha Land, by Jacqueline I. StoneTranslations of the Lotus Sutra in European LanguagesCross-References to Citations of the Lotus SutraCharacter GlossaryBibliographyContributorsIndex
- Author BiographyStephen F. Teiser is D. T. Suzuki Professor in Buddhist Studies at Princeton University. His research focuses on the interaction between Buddhism and Chinese forms of religion. His book Reinventing the Wheel: Paintings of Rebirth in Medieval Buddhist Temples received the Stanislas Julien Prize from the Institut de France.Jacqueline I. Stone is professor of Japanese religions at Princeton University. Her primary research centers on medieval Japanese Buddhism, especially the Tendai and Nichiren Buddhist traditions. Her book Original Enlightenment and the Transformation of Medieval Japanese Buddhism received the American Academy of Religion Award for Excellence in the Study of Religion (Historical Studies).
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.