Consider these sponsored items
- £32.69Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Gordon Newell
- PublisherUniversity of Washington Press
- Date of Publication01/01/2015
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationWashington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Washington Press
- Content Note68 black & white illustrations, 68 b&w illus.
- Weight544 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Foreword byDick Erickson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Table Of ContentsForeword by Dick EricksonPreface 1. Apprentice Watermen on the Thames2. Making Do on the Pacific Northwest Frontier3. Building Shells in the Tokyo Tea Room4. Building Airplanes at the Red Barn5. Clumsily Built Western Boats 6. Eight Hearts Must Beat As One 7. There Are No Fast Boats, Only Fast Crews 8. Olympic Gold9. Races 'round the World10. Remembered Crews and Coaches11. The Later Years AppendixesBibliographyIndex
- Author BiographyThe late Gordon Newell was the author of several books on maritime history, including Pacific Tugboats and Mighty Mo, The U.S.S. Missouri: A Biography of the Last Battleship. The late Dick Erickson was University of Washington varsity crew coach from 1968 to 1987.
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £9.49Trending at £12.35
- £11.95Trending at £17.68
- £19.33Trending at £25.20
- £9.52Trending at £13.01
- £9.99Trending at £15.11
- £12.58Trending at £19.11
- £14.54Trending at £20.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.