All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThere are no 'one size fits all' answers in this book, just real-life situations managers can relate to, and techniques for turning their past experience into the key that unlocks their best ever performance.
- Author BiographyKaren Smart's background is in individual and organisational development. However, unlike some in her field, first and foremost Karen sees hereself as a line manager. In recent years, she's worked primarily on enabling managers to manage - developing and delivering everything from individual skill building and management development programmes to management systems design and organisation wide culture change. In addition to managing her team, Karen has coached senior managers and facilitated cross-functional working, problem solving and conflict management. Although she has two degrees and has researched extensively across a range of disciplines, ultimately Karen feels she's learned most about management from her experience as an overworked and undervalued manager, disempowered by bureaucracy. From this experience - and inspired by the man she says puts the J into KJ Smart and a lot of the smart too - the philosophy of real management for real people was born.
- Author(s)J. K. Smart
- PublisherPearson Education Limited
- Date of Publication16/12/2002
- GenreManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationHarlow
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight494 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £10.20Trending at £10.97
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £25.99Trending at £26.34
- £22.58Trending at £23.39
- £10.30Trending at £10.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.28
- £6.12Trending at £10.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.