All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing Plc
- Date of Publication30/07/2015
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic USA
- Content Note20 illus
- Weight318 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byBronwen Thomas,Julia Round
- Format DetailsHardback (stationery)
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction, Bronwen Thomas and Julia Round Stories We Live By 1. Storying Cyberspace: Narratives and Metaphors, Sue Thomas 2. Me and You and Everyone We Know: The Centrality of Character in Understanding Media Texts, Craig Batty Transforming The Ordinary/Everyday 3. The Good, the Bad and the Healthy: The Transforming Body and Narratives of Health and Beauty in Reality Tv, Peri Bradley 4. Competence in Your Own Enactment: Subjectivity and the Theorization of Participatory Art, Simon Grennan 5. The Transformations of Harvey Pekar's American Splendor: Ordinary Life is Pretty Complex Stuff , Julia Round The Politics Of Representing Real People 6. Narratives of Trauma Re-Lived: The Ethnographer's Paradox and Other Tales, Marina Lambrou 7. Autobiography and Political Marketing: Narrative and the Obama Brand, Darren G. Lilleker 8. Merging Fact and Fiction: Cult Celebrity, Film Narrative and the Henry Lee Lucas Story, Shaun Kimber Celebrity Lives Reimagined 9. Fans Behaving Badly? Real Person Fic and the Blurring of the Boundaries between the Public and the Private, Bronwen Thomas 10. Remembering Frank Sinatra: Celebrity Studies Meets Memory Studies, Roberta Pearson Notes On Contributors Index
- Author BiographyBronwen Thomas is Associate Professor in the Media School at Bournemouth University, UK. Julia Round is Senior Lecturer in the Media School at Bournemouth University, UK.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.20Trending at £17.53
- £4.60Trending at £6.20
- £12.06Trending at £12.29
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.