Consider these sponsored items
- £30.01Free postage
- £26.59Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCan there be major dimensions of a poem, a painting, a musical compostion created in the absence of God? Or, is God always a real presence in the arts? Any new book by Steiner is an event according to Eva Hoffman of the New York Times.
- Author BiographyGeorge Steiner has writtena great many books during hislong and distinguished career as a literary critic, essayist, philosopher, novelist, translator, and educator. He was professor of English and Comparative Literature at the University of Geneva, Lord Weidenfeld Professor of Comparative Literature and Fellow of St Anne's College at Oxford University, and Norton Professor of Poetry at Harvard University.
- Author(s)George Steiner
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication01/02/1991
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Weight283 g
- Width134 mm
- Height203 mm
- Edition Statement2nd ed.
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £9.83Trending at £14.96
- £13.91Trending at £19.99
- £4.57Trending at £4.94
- £8.44Trending at £11.70
- £6.81Trending at £8.98
- £6.72Trending at £6.88
- £11.41Trending at £17.95
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.