Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £19.50Trending at £25.09
- £9.24Trending at £10.96
- £19.99Trending at £22.59
- £30.79Trending at £33.99
- £21.79Trending at £22.04
- £28.00Trending at £30.23
- £16.99Trending at £18.58
About this product
- DescriptionIncludes bibliographical references and index.
- Author BiographyDr. Dursun Delen is an internationally known expert in business analytics and data mining. He is often invited to national and international conferences to deliver keynote presentations on topics related to data/text mining, business intelligence, decision support systems, business analytics, and knowledge management. Prior to his appointment as professor at Oklahoma State University in 2001, Dr. Delen worked for industry for more than 10 years, developing and delivering business analytics solutions to companies. Most recently he worked for a privately owned research and consulting company, Knowledge Based Systems, Inc., in College Station, Texas, as a research scientist. During his five years there, he led a number of projects related to decision support, information systems, and advanced analytics that were funded by federal agencies, including the DoD, NASA, NIST, and the DOE. Today, in addition to his academic endeavors, Dr. Delen provides consulting services to businesses in assessing their information systems needs and developing state-of-the-art business analytics capabilities. Dr. Delen holds William S. Spears and Neal Patterson Endowed Chairs in Business Analytics, and he is Director of Research for the Center for Health Systems Innovation and Professor of Management Science and Information Systems in the Spears School of Business at Oklahoma State University. His research has appeared in major journals, including Decision Sciences, Decision Support Systems, Communications of the ACM, Computers and Operations Research, Computers in Industry, Journal of Production Operations Management, Artificial Intelligence in Medicine, and Expert Systems with Applications, among others. He has recently published six books: Advanced Data Mining Techniques (Springer, 2008), Decision Support and Business Intelligence Systems (Prentice Hall, 2010), Business Intelligence: A Managerial Approach (Prentice Hall, 2010), Practical Text Mining and Statistical Analysis for Non-structured Text Data Applications (Elsevier, 2012), Business Intelligence: A Managerial Perspective on Analytics, 3rd edition (Prentice Hall, 2013), and Business Intelligence and Analytics: Systems for Decision Support, 10th edition (Prentice Hall, 2014). He served as the general co-chair for the fourth International Conference on Network Computing and Advanced Information Management, and he regularly chairs tracks and mini-tracks at various information systems conferences. He also serves as associate editor-in-chief, senior editor, associate editor, and editorial board member on a dozen academic and technical journals.
- Author(s)Dursun Delen
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication23/12/2014
- GenreComputing: Professional & Programming
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- First Published2014
- Weight517 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.