All listings for this product
Best-selling in Family, Parenting & Relations
Save on Family, Parenting & Relations
- £4.00Trending at £4.73
- £8.99Trending at £11.98
- £8.31Trending at £9.99
- £5.29Trending at £6.07
- £10.24Trending at £10.42
About this product
- DescriptionPalmer advises parents and professionals how to prepare the student for the transition from school and home life to a new environment and educational challenge, and how to support them through potential problems such as academic pressure, living away from home, social integration and appropriate levels of participation in college.
- Author BiographyAnn Palmer is married with three children, one of whom, Eric, was diagnosed with autism when he was two years old. He is now 24. She has 13 years' experience working with families of individuals with autism at Division TEACCH (Treatment and Education of Autistic and related Communication handicapped Children). Ann coordinated a volunteer parent mentor program that provided support to over 800 families in North Carolina. In her current role as Director of Chapter Relations for the Autism Society of NC, she coordinates over 40 parent support groups throughout the state. She is also the co-author of Parenting Across the Autism Spectrum: Unexpected Lessons We Have Learned, published by Jessica Kingsley Publishers. This book was the 2007 Autism Society of America's Outstanding Literary Work of the Year.
- Author(s)Ann Palmer
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication01/09/2005
- GenrePregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight263 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine9 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.