Rebuilding War-Torn States: The Challenge of Post-Conflict Economic Reconstruction by Graciana del Castillo (Hardback, 2008)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £80.38Free P&P
- New condition
- Sold by the_nile_stores
- See details for delivery est.
- £31.08Free P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by revivalbooks
- Est. delivery by 18 Dec
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Business, Economics & Industry
Save on Business, Economics & Industry
- £17.99Trending at £26.41
- £5.79Trending at £6.98
- £13.51Trending at £14.35
- £32.27Trending at £33.10
- £15.73Trending at £20.45
- £12.86Trending at £16.87
- £10.62Trending at £11.48
About this product
- DescriptionWith public attention increasingly focused on efforts to reconstruct war torn countries like Iraq and Afghanistan, this book looks at the unique set of challenges faced by such countries in the transition to peace. Strategies to promote peace-building, state-building, and economic reconstruction are discussed alongside real world examples.
- Author BiographyGraciana del Castillo is an expert on countries in crises - both financial and post-conflict. Her roles in the cabinet of the UN secretary-general in the early 1990s and in the IMF from 1996, saw her involved in ongoing operations and economic reconstruction in Central America, Africa, Asia, and Kosovo. She was a director at S&P's and the Centennial Group, a senior consultant to the Inter-American Development Bank, a visiting scholar at the OECD Development Center, and a participant in USAID bids for reconstruction projects in Afghanistan and Iraq. She is a founding partner of the Macroeconomic Advisory Group. With a Ph.D. in Economics from Columbia University (1986), she has been Adjunct Professor there since 1990 and is now research scholar and associate director of the center on capitalism and society. Her articles have appeared in top economic and political journals and newspapers worldwide.
- Author(s)Graciana del Castillo
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication25/09/2008
- GenreEconomics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2008
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight844 g
- Width162 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine29 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.