Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £6.54Trending at £9.03
- £8.66Trending at £8.88
- £12.06Trending at £12.31
- £7.27Trending at £9.97
- £7.33Trending at £7.78
- £7.19Trending at £9.99
- £7.25Trending at £9.03
About this product
- DescriptionAn examination of Sophocles' Antigone in the context of its setting in 5th-century Athens. The authors attempt to create an interpretive environment that is true to the issues and interests of 5th-century Athenians, as opposed to those of modern scholars and philosophers.
- Author BiographyWm. Blake Tyrrell is professor of classics at Michigan State University and the author of Amazons: A Study in Athenian Mythmaking (Johns Hopkins) and, with Frieda S. Brown, Athenian Myths and Institutions: Words in Action (Oxford). Larry J. Bennett has coauthored articles on the Antigone with William Blake Tyrrell which have appeared in the American Journal of Philology and Classical World.
- Author(s)Larry J. Bennett,William Blake Tyrrell
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication01/08/1998
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleGreek Studies: Interdisciplinary Approaches
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight290 g
- Width154 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.