Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.59Trending at £9.14
- £9.60Trending at £9.76
- £12.17Trending at £13.09
- £11.41Trending at £14.47
- £9.91Trending at £10.07
- £5.54Trending at £5.72
- £10.15Trending at £14.94
About this product
- DescriptionRecent Advancements in Gene Expression and Enabling Technologies in Crop Plants
- Author BiographyKasi AzhakanandamKasi Azhakanandam earned his Bachelor, Master and M. Phil. Degrees in Biology from the University of Madras, India and a Ph.D. in Plant Biotechnology from the University of Nottingham, UK. He worked as a Guest Lecturer at Madras Christian College for a short period before joining Mahyco, India, as a Deputy Chief Scientist/Principal Investigator, where he established a crop transformation laboratory. He lead a team which established transformation in commercial Indica rice, Indian cotton varieties and six different vegetable crops, including Bt eggplant; these are waiting for approval for commercial cultivation in India. He also successfully produced marker-free rice and vegetable crops. Following his postdoctoral work related to vaccine production for cervical cancer at North Carolina State University, Dr. Azhakanandam joined Syngenta Biotechnology, Inc., at Research Triangle Park, NC as a Staff Scientist III. He has worked on a range of projects to improve crops through genetic engineering, and currently leads a technical team for developing new traits for corn.Aron SilverstoneAron Silverstone gained a Bachelor's Degree in Biology from Harvard University, and a Ph.D. in Plant Physiology from the University of California, Davis. He conducted his postdoctoral research at Duke University's Department of Botany, studying gibberellin biosynthesis and response. Following his postdoctoral work, Dr. Silverstone joined Syngenta Biotechnology, Inc., at Research Triangle Park, NC as a Staff Scientist I. He has worked on several projects to improve crops through genetic engineering, and is currently the global project manager for soybean traits.Henry DaniellHenry Daniell, received his education in India, and is currently a Professor and Director of Translational Research at the University of Pennsylvania. He is a Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science and a foreign member of the Italian National Academy of Sciences (14th American to be inducted in the past 230 years). He is the Editor in Chief of the Plant Biotechnology Journal, Oxford, UK. Dr. Daniell is the recipient of several awards, including the American Diabetes Association Award, Bayer Hemophilia Global Award, and Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Award, for his scientific contributions. He is recognized for pioneering chloroplast genetic engineering as a new platform to produce and deliver orally low cost vaccines and biopharmaceuticals bioencapsulated in plant cells. His invention was ranked by Nature Biotechnology among the top ten inventions of the past decade and among Biomed Central's Hot 100 authors in the world. He has more than 150 published patents and over 200 scientific publications.Michael R. DaveyMichael Davey has a B.Sc. Honours Degree in Botany from University College, Swansea, Wales, and a Ph.D. from the University of Leicester, UK. In 1970, he was appointed to a research position at the University of Nottingham, UK where he continued his work on plant ultrastructure and gene transfer techniques. He has published extensively on plant cell culture and genetic engineering, and holds an Honorary Lectureship in the School of Biosciences, University of Nottingham.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication04/03/2015
- GenreLife Sciences: Botany
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note26 Tables, black and white; 39 Illustrations, color; 16 Illustrations, black and white; XXIV, 455 p. 55 illus., 39 illus. in color.
- Weight883 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byAron Silverstone,Henry Daniell,Kasi Azhakanandam,Michael R. Davey
- Edition Statement2015 ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.