All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.04
- £9.22Trending at £10.95
- £24.56Trending at £25.99
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.76
- £28.00Trending at £30.19
- £15.72Trending at £15.91
About this product
- DescriptionSubjects the prophets and doctrines of educational neoliberalism to scrutiny in order to provide a rationale and vision for public education beyond the limits of No Child Left Behind. This book combines a history of education policy with an analysis of the origins of such policy and its impact on professional educators.
- Author BiographyPaul Shaker is a career educator who has served as teacher, teacher educator, and dean in five of the United States, in Asia, and in Canada at Simon Fraser University of British Columbia. An alumnus of Ohio State, Shaker has reinterpreted and sought to advance the progressive legacy in public schools and higher education. His work has focused on the applications of depth psychology to education, teacher education curriculum, and policy and politics in contemporary America. Shaker served as a Fulbright Senior Scholar in Kuwait and has been recognized for his writing by AACTE. Elizabeth Heilman, Ph.D. Associate Professor in the Department of Teacher Education at Michigan State University has served in leadership roles in social studies and curriculum studies both nationally and at Purdue and Michigan State University. She is the author or editor of five books and more than 35 book chapters and articles. Her work explores how social and political imaginations are shaped and how various philosophies, research traditions, and educational policies influence democracy, social justice, and critical democratic and global education.
- Author(s)Elizabeth E. Heilman,Paul Shaker
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication01/06/2008
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleSociocultural, Political and Historical Studies in Education
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRoutledge Member of the Taylor and Francis Group
- Content Note2 black & white tables
- Weight340 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.