CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.11
- £9.22Trending at £9.33
- £24.56Trending at £25.98
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.85
- £28.00Trending at £30.30
- £15.72Trending at £22.86
About this product
- DescriptionThe book is divided into two major sections: (1) Reclaiming Integration ; (2) Reclaiming the Language of Race. Both sections are located in the context of the post-racial era and analyzed by nationally renowned scholars in various dimensions.
- Author BiographyDr. Curtis L. Ivery is a nationally renowned leader in U.S. urban affairs. He is the author of numerous books on urban issues and was the first African-American appointed by President Bill Clinton to the Governor's Cabinet in the state of Arkansas as the Commissioner for the Department of Health and Human Services. He has written extensively for newspapers and magazines and has conceived several nationally acclaimed conferences focusing on key issues of urban inequality and social justice. This is the second and completing volume to his past work, America's Urban Crisis and the Advent of Color-blind Politics (Rowman&Littlefield, 2011). Joshua A. Bassett is Director of the Institute for Social Progress (ISP), a nationally affiliated urban studies and educational institute located at Wayne County Community College District in Detroit, Michigan. He served as executive director of the Educational Summit: Detroit and the Crisis in Urban America Conference (broadcast nationally on C-Span network). His past work includes, America's Urban Crisis and the Advent of Color-blind Politics: Education, Incarceration, Segregation and the Future of U.S. Multiracial Democracy, (Rowman&Littlefield, 2011).
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication04/09/2015
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Weight417 g
- Width159 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byCurtis Ivery,Joshua Bassett
- Foreword byEddie Glaude
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.