All listings for this product
Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £25.97Trending at £27.38
- £82.97Trending at £88.67
- £24.23Trending at £25.07
- £23.65Trending at £25.96
- £22.21Trending at £24.28
- £14.57Trending at £22.88
- £16.56Trending at £20.20
About this product
- DescriptionThe reindeer herders of Aoluguya, China, are a group of former hunters who today see themselves as keepers of reindeer. To some, their future seems troubled, but this volume's literary and academic contributions instead focus on the present, as the Ewenki attempt to reclaim their forest lifestyle and develop new forest livelihoods.
- Author BiographyAshild Kolas is Research Professor at the Peace Research Institute Oslo, and has authored two books and numerous articles, mainly on Tibetan identity and cultural representation. She carried out fieldwork in Aoluguya in 2008 and 2009. Her work on the Aoluguya reindeer herders was conducted under a project on Pastoralism in China: Policy and Practice funded by the Research Council of Norway. Yuanyuan Xie is Lecturer in the Department of Sociology, College of Humanities and Development Studies, China Agricultural University. She carried out a year-long fieldwork in Aoluguya in 2003-2004, just after the resettlement, and is currently working on a research project about the Aologuya Ewenki funded by the Chinese National Social Science Foundation.
- PublisherBerghahn Books
- Date of Publication30/04/2015
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBerghahn Books
- Content Note12 illustrations
- Edited byAshild Kolas,Yuanyuan Xie
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.