Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £23.98Trending at £25.01
- £26.30Trending at £27.03
- £17.70Trending at £25.48
- £20.30Trending at £27.00
- £16.38Trending at £16.87
- £25.36Trending at £30.42
- £20.87Trending at £21.21
About this product
- DescriptionThe definitive textbook for paleoanthropology courses.
- Author BiographyGlenn C. Conroy (Ph.D. Yale University) has served as Course Master of Human Anatomy and Development in the Medical School at Washington University, where he is professor of anatomy and anthropology. His research analyzes paleontological evidence for primate evolution, particularly over the past 15 million years of Earth history. Of particular interest is the time period between 15-5 mya, the temporal framework within which humans and African apes diverged. His research team in Namibia has discovered the first Miocene hominoid ever found in sub-equatorial Africa and has also collected one of the most extensive middle Miocene faunas from Africa. He is author of Primate Evolution (1990) as well as numerous research articles. Herman Pontzer (Hunter College) focuses on linking functional morphology to ecology in hominoids. His current research focuses primarily on the relationships between limb design, locomotor performance (especially locomotor energetics), and ranging ecology. He is also involved in the ongoing excavations in the Lower Paleolithic site of Dmanisi in the Republic of Georgia.
- Author(s)Glenn C. Conroy,Herman Pontzer
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication21/08/2012
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1070 g
- Width180 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.