CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Mathematics & Sciences
Save on Mathematics & Sciences
- £109.19Trending at £144.99
- £46.55Trending at £57.36
- £43.36Trending at £45.90
- £14.44Trending at £15.86
- £23.65Trending at £26.09
- £17.91Trending at £18.14
- £12.83Trending at £15.18
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing on the empirical findings generated by researchers in science studies, and adopting Kropotkin's concept of anarchism as one of the social sciences, this title expounds and develops an anarchist account of science as a social construction and social institution.
- Author BiographyDr Sal Restivo is Professor of Sociology, Science Studies and Information Technology at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Troy, New York; Special Lecture Professor in STS at Northeastern University in Shenyang, China; a former Special Professor of Mathematics Education at Nottingham University, UK; and a former Hixon/Riggs Professor of Science, Technology, and Society at Harvey Mudd College. A founder of the field of Science and Technology Studies (STS) and pioneer in ethnographic studies of science, he is a founding member and former president of the Society for Social Studies of Science and co-author of Science, Technology and Society, author of Science Society and Values, and The Sociological Worldview, and editor-in-chief of Science, Technology, and Society: An Encyclopedia.
- Author(s)Sal Restivo
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2011
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAshgate Publishing Limited
- Content NoteIncludes 2 b&w illustrations
- Weight596 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.