All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book looks at critical reflection as a key skill for all trainees and teachers in further education (FE) and an important part of the new Professional Standards.
- Author BiographySusan Wallace is Emeritus Professor of Education at Nottingham Trent University where, for many years, part of her role was to support learning on the initial training courses for teachers in the FE sector. She has researched and published extensively on education, training and management of behaviour, and is a popular keynote speaker at conferences. Her particular interests are in mentoring and the motivation and behaviour of students. Keith Appleyard has worked within the post-16 sector since 1978 as a lecturer, college senior manager and teacher trainer. Over a 20-year period he was a tutor and course leader for PGCE/Cert Ed programmes at Lincoln College, and a tutor on these programmes at Nottingham Trent University. He has worked as an OFSTED inspector and for 7 years as an ITT reviewer for Standards Verification UK. Presently he is a consultant for LSIS. Nancy Appleyard began herworking life in the insurance industry, becoming a partner in a General Insurance brokerage. In the early 90's she took a career change and taught Communication Studies at Lincoln College for 10 years. Since 2001 she has designed and delivered more wide-ranging and flexible communication and personal development programmes for Grantham College and the wider AE community (for example RAF bases and community houses). Currently she gives presentations to organisations throughout the East Midlands and, along with her husband Keith, is lucky enough to have one of the most enjoyable jobs on offer: giving lectures on communication and personal development to cruise ship audiences, a great opportunity to meet a host of interesting people and see new places.
- Author(s)Keith Appleyard,Nancy Appleyard
- PublisherCritical Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication29/05/2015
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleFurther Education
- Place of PublicationNorthwich
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCritical Publishing Ltd
- Weight284 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Edited bySusan Wallace
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £3.68Trending at £3.80
- £12.88Trending at £16.19
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £9.97Trending at £10.37
- £8.24Trending at £10.77
- £61.04Trending at £83.99
- £8.95Trending at £15.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.