All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Arpad Szakolczai
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication09/06/2009
- GenreSocial Sciences: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight453 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Table Of ContentsPart I: Reflexive Historical Sociologists 1. Norbert Elias 2. Franz Borkenau 3. Eric Voegelin 4. Lewis Mumford. Conclusion to Part I: Comparisons and Contrasts Part II: Visions of Modernity 5. The Protestant Spirit (Weber) 6. Court Society (Elias) 7. The Mechanical World Image (Borkenau) 8. Gnostic Revolt (Voegelin) 9. The New Megamachine (Mumford) 10. Disciplinary Society (Foucault). Conclusion to Part II: Modernity as Permanent Liminality. Concluding Remarks.
- Author BiographyArpad Szakolczai is Professor of Sociology at University College Cork.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £5.39Trending at £6.99
- £4.24Trending at £4.78
- £22.29Trending at £23.51
- £3.60Trending at £6.99
- £19.24Trending at £19.71
- £10.20Trending at £10.36
- £7.64Trending at £10.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.