All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £17.96Trending at £18.19
- £21.69Trending at £24.78
- £4.34Trending at £4.44
- £23.93Trending at £24.42
- £8.01Trending at £12.13
- £8.99Trending at £9.24
- £5.52Trending at £6.63
About this product
- DescriptionBoth John Stuart Mill and William Whewell believed that by reforming philosophy - including the philosophy of science - they could effect social and political change. Situating their debate within the larger context of Victorian society and its concerns, this book shows how two very different men captured the intellectual spirit of the day.
- Author BiographyLaura J. Snyder is a Fulbright Scholar, professor of philosophy at St. John's University in New York City, past president of the International Society for the History of Philosophy of Science, and author of The Philosophical Breakfast Club: Four Remarkable Friends Who Transformal Science and Changed the World.
- Author(s)Laura J. Snyder
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication11/11/2014
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note8 halftones
- Weight544 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.