CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.83Trending at £6.10
- £6.82Trending at £9.98
- £23.12Trending at £34.98
- £14.94Trending at £18.98
- £10.01Trending at £10.66
- £24.21Trending at £25.19
- £25.99Trending at £28.49
About this product
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication25/11/2012
- GenreNatural History: Animal & Wildlife
- Series TitleAdvances in Experimental Medicine and Biology
- Series Part/Volume Number151
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1355 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine36 mm
- Edited byShaul G. Massry
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1982
- Table Of ContentsI. Renal Handling of Phosphate.- The Adaptive System of the Tubular Transport of Phosphate.- Nephron Sites of Adaptation to Changes in Dietary Phosphate.- Phosphate Reabsorption in the Distal Convoluted Tubule.- Metabolic Abnormalities Underlying the Pathogenesis of Vitamin D Resistant Rickets (VDRR).- Relationship Between Plasma Phosphate and Renal Handling of Phosphate: Studies with Low Phosphate Diet and Nicotinamide.- Protein Phosphorylation in Proximal Tubular Brush-Border Membranes.- Possible Relationship of Gluconeogenesis to Modulation of Phosphate Transport in the Proximal Tubule.- Interactions Between Phosphate Transport and Oxidative Metabolism in the Rabbit Proximal Tubule.- Abnormal Tubular Pi Adaptation to Dietary Pi Restriction and Decreased Calcium Reabsorption in X-Linked Hypophosphatemic (HYP) Mice.- Renal Pi Transport in Young Growing and Adult Rats: Comparative Studies in Brush Border Membrane Vesicles (BBMV) and in Whole Kidney.- Difference in Renal Tubular Transport Effects of 1-34 and 1-84 Parathyroid Hormone (PTH).- 1,25-Dihydroxycholecalciferol (calcitriol): Effect on Phosphate (PO4) Absorption by Isolated Pars Recta.- In Vivo and In Vitro Effects of Vitamin D3 (1,25-(OH)2 D3) on the Uptake of Phosphate by Isolated Chick Kidney Cells.- Potassium Imbalance and Phosphate Renal Handling: A Micropuncture Study.- Renal Handling of Divalent Cations and Phosphate During Water Immersion in the Awake Dog.- The Effects of Calcium on ADH Action in Cortical Collecting Tubules Perfused In Vitro.- II. Phosphate Metabolism in Health and Disease.- The Creatine-Creatine Phosphate Shuttle for Energy Transport-Compartmentation of Creatine Phosphokinase in Muscle.- Hormonal Regulation of Phosphate Transport in the Differentiating Chick Small Intestine.- Measurement of Intracellular Inorganic Phosphate in Human Blood Red Cells, Leucocytes and Platelets.- Intracellular Inorganic Phosphate and ATP Levels in Human Blood Erythrocytes, Leucocytes and Platelets in Normal Subjects and in Diseases Associated with Altered Phosphate Metabolism.- Prevention of Phsophate Induced Progression of Experimental Uremia by 3-Phosphocitric Acid.- Phosphate Hemeostasis in Cimetidine Treated Uremic Dogs.- Regulation of Phosphate Excretion by the Diseased Kidney. The Intrinsic Proximal Tubular Adaptation.- Parathyroid Hormone Resistance in Renal Allograft Recipients.- III. Hypophosphatemia and Phosphate Depletion.- Models of Hypophosphatemia and Phosphate Depletion.- Effect of Phosphate Depletion on the Myocardium.- Hypophosphatemia and Osteoblast Function in Human Bone Disease.- Hypophosphatemia and Glucose Intolerance.- Acute Hypophosphatemia During Total Parenteral Nutrition in Man: Its Effects on Muscle Cell Composition.- Proximal Renal Tubular Acidosis and Hypophosphatemia Induced by Arginine.- Cardiac Function and Metabolism in Phosphorous Depleted Dogs - Effects of Hormonal Stimulation.- Circulatory Response to Pressor Agents in Phosphorous Depletion.- Phosphate and Vanadate Reduce the Efficiency of the Chemo-Mechanical Energy Transformation in Cardiac Muscle.- Effects of Hypophosphatemia on Pulmonary Muscle Performance.- Experimental Alcoholism Induces Phosphorus and Magnesium Deficiency in Skeletal Muscle.- Defective Hormonal Stimulation of Isolated Hepatocytes in Phosphorus Depleted Rats.- Should Hypophosphatemia Be Treated?.- IV. Topics on Vitamin V Metabolism.- Development and Application of an Exchange Assay for 1,25-Dihydroxy-Vitamin D3.- Effects of Systemic pH on Calcium Regulating Hormones and Bones.- Inherited and Acquired Disorders of Vitamin D Metabolism.- The Molecular Nature of 1,25-(OH)2-D3-Induced Calcium-Binding Protein Biosynthesis in the Rat.- Effects of 1,25-Dihydroxy Vitamin D3 in Patients with Early Renal Failure.- Increased serum 1,25-(OH)2-Vitamin D Concentrations Fail to Affect Serum or urine Phosphate in Humans.- Adrenergic Blackade May Inhibit the Increase in Plasma 1,25-(OH)2-Vitamin D During Phosphate Deprivat
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.