Consider these sponsored items
All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Barbara Gibson
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication13/01/2016
- GenreMedical Nursing & Ancillary Services
- Series TitleRehabilitation Science in Practice Series
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note1 black & white illustrations
- Weight270 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Table Of ContentsMoving Rehabilitation A Post-critical Approach Critical Disability Studies An Ethic of Openness Moving Bodies Use of Terms Mobilizing Post-Critical Methodologies: Book Outline Outline of Chapters References Disability/Normality What Is Disability? Theorizing Disability The Social Model of Disability International Classification of Functioning, Disability, and Health What Is Normal(ity)? Post-Critical Movements: Perturbing the Normal/Disabled Divide Rehabilitating Normal/Disabled References Quality of Life Origins and Confusions QOL, Function, and Normalization A Case Example Challenges from within the Health Sciences The Subjective/Objective Divide Quality of Life Judgments in Clinical Practices The Object of Intervention Reforming Quality of Life References Development Barbara E. Gibson, Gail Teachman, and Yani Hamdani Developmentalism Rethinking Children's Rehabilitation Implications for Rehabilitation Practice Unhinging Normal and Development References In/dependence Discourses of In/dependence Dependence, Independence, and Interdependence in Disability Studies and Rehabilitation Interdependence Moving Assemblages Reconstructing Dependencies References Mobilities Mobilizing Desire Amputee Mobilities Crawling Mobilities Wheelchair Mobilities Mobility Movements References Re-Forming Rehabilitation Continuities of Theory with Practice Revisiting the Ethics of Openness Implications: Mobilizing and Re-Forming Rhizomatic Reforms Choices and Directions Movement without Conclusion References
- Author BiographyBarbara E. Gibson is an associate professor in the Department of Physical Therapy, University of Toronto, and a senior scientist at the Bloorview Research Institute at the Holland Bloorview Kids Rehabilitation Hospital in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. She holds the Bloorview Children's Hospital Foundation Chair in Childhood Disability Studies. She is a physical therapist and bioethicist, whose research examines the sociopolitical dimensions of childhood disability and rehabilitation. She holds cross appointments at the Centre for Person Centred Research, AUT University, Auckland, New Zealand, and the CanChild Centre for Childhood Disability Research, McMaster University, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. She is an academic fellow at the Centre for Critical Qualitative Health Research and a member of the Joint Centre for Bioethics at the University of Toronto.
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £13.98Trending at £14.98
- £36.44Trending at £39.49
- £11.78Trending at £11.98
- £10.99Trending at £15.69
- £6.95Trending at £7.08
- £22.62Trending at £24.29
- £13.92Trending at £17.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.