All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £5.38Trending at £5.52
- £9.99Trending at £12.34
- £14.90Trending at £16.99
- £19.59Trending at £26.28
- £9.06Trending at £9.41
- £13.65Trending at £14.08
- £12.17Trending at £13.76
About this product
- DescriptionSurveys the global landscape for democratic civic education. This work explores the many ways that notions of democracy and citizenship have been implemented in education policy, curriculum and classroom practice around the world. It reveals the diversity of approaches to political socialization in varying cultural and institutional contexts.
- Author BiographyDoyle Stevick is Assistant Professor of Educational Leadership and Policies at the University of South Carolina and Founder and Chair of the Citizenship and Democratic Education group in the Comparative and International Education Society. A Fulbright Fellow to Estonia in 2003, he has given presentations in seven countries and been translated into four languages. Bradley A. U. Levinson, an anthropologist, is Associate Professor of Education at Indiana University. His research interests include student culture and identity formation, the ethnography of education policy, immigrant education, and citizenship education for democracy. His books include We Are All Equal: Student Culture and Identity at a Mexican Secondary School (Duke University Press), Policy as Practice (with Margaret Sutton, Greenwood) and Rowman and Littlefield's Schooling the Symbolic Animal: Social and Cultural Dimensions of Education.
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication15/12/2006
- GenreCurrent Affairs & Issues
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Publishers
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight526 g
- Width148 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Edited byBradley A. Levinson,Doyle Stevick
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.