All listings for this product
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £32.12Trending at £34.11
- £14.70Trending at £15.90
- £20.87Trending at £24.15
- £23.91Trending at £29.88
- £11.70Trending at £14.59
- £10.97Trending at £14.90
- £10.94Trending at £11.30
About this product
- Author(s)Joanne Gafney,John B. Livingstone
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication07/03/2016
- FormatMixed media product
- GenreMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note14 black & white illustrations, 1 black & white tables
- Weight498 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Contained items statementContains Book and Other digital
- Table Of ContentsOVERVIEW Introductory Discussion and Overview Why This Project Looking for Pathways to Improve: Interpersonal Relationships Theory, Strategy, Tactics Maintaining Relationships While Also Diagnosing and Treating Fitting into the Larger Context of Health Care Getting Started: Patients' Opening Statements Viewing of Preliminary Video Clips KNOWLEDGE Past Health Psychology and Neuroscience (Prior to the Early 1990s) Health-Related Models in Use List Going Deeper into Each Present Advances in Relationship Psychology (After Early 1990s): A Relational Context for Diagnosis and Treatment List of Seven Advances in Relationship Psychology Going Deeper into Each Advance Advances in Nursing Conclusions about Advances in Relationship Psychology Present Advances in Neuroscience (Starting with the Early 1990s): Possible Neural Substrates of Mind Functions Nine Advances in Neuroscience Going Deeper into Each Advance Discussion Basics of Updated Functional Neuroscience Enabling Advances in Technology Closing Comments BUILDING NEW THEORETICAL HYPOTHESES, STRATEGIES, AND TACTICS FOR CLINICIANS Integration of Past with Present Advances (Selections of Elements to Include in a New Model) Introduction Selection of Elements for Inclusion in a New Model Formulations of Theoretical Hypotheses and Strategies of Relational Patient Care Formulation of Updated Theoretical Hypotheses Formulation of Updated Strategies A Summary of Updated Strategies in Shared Medical Decision Making Discussion Tactical Competencies and Frameworks Introduction Two Frameworks to Visualize Core Tactics in Interviewing: Common Tactical Components that Implement All the Strategies ACQUIRING INTERVIEWING SKILLS Three Interviewing Demonstrations: Behavior Change, Information Interweave(TM), Medical Decision Making Behavior Change (Smoking) Information Interweave (Diabetes) (LD TC9) Medical Decision Making (Breast Cancer Treatment Decision) A Learning Tool to Sequence Strategies and Tactics: Self-Aware Informational Nonjudgmental Interviewing in Health Care SINHC(TM) ( Synch ) Preliminary Comments Referring to Behavioral Health Why Refer? To Whom to Refer? FOR FACULTY AND OTHERS Pathways in Education and Training Medical School and Residency Training Nursing Education Take-Aways from the Earlier Nurse Training Programs A Generic Framework for Curriculum Design Health Coaching: What Is It? Who Does It? Where Is It Going? Future Research Glossary Appendix
- Author BiographyJohn B. Livingstone, MD, FRSH (UK), former assistant professor, Harvard Medical School, founding Director, Children's Outpatient Services, McLean Hospital; and medical director, Gaffney and Livingstone Consultants, Provincetown, Massachusetts, USA Joanne Gaffney, RN, LICSW, principal partner, Gaffney Livingstone Consultants, and Registered Nurse and Psychotherapist in private practice, Provincetown, Massachusetts, USA
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.