All listings for this product
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £19.50Trending at £25.67
- £19.99Trending at £22.65
- £9.24Trending at £10.99
- £26.45Trending at £27.78
- £30.79Trending at £34.35
- £16.99Trending at £18.63
- £15.72Trending at £22.83
About this product
- DescriptionBloom provides Plant and Maintenance Engineers practical advice to master implementation and management of RCM programs.
- Author BiographyNeil Bloom received his Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Miami, where he also minored in economics. He has a unique depth of experience as a practitioner of RCM and preventive maintenance programs having worked in close association for over 30 years with the two leading-edge federal agencies most responsible for reliability and safety, namely the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC). His RCM experience in commercial aviation and nuclear power has been in both Engineering and Maintenance, where the RCM process meets its most formidable challenges for successful implementation. RCM can be a powerful reliability tool but unfortunately, and unjustly, it has become what is greatly perceived as a complex, difficult, and costly undertaking. As a result, the author has introduced innovative concepts allowing the classical RCM process to reach a new plateau for the average layperson, thusly making the entire process less daunting, more straightforward and simpler. He explains what can and what cannot be done - what works and what doesn't work - he understands where the pitfalls are and how to avoid them. Mr. Bloom has been a guest speaker on RCM at national and international conferences including the Electric Power Research Institute (EPRI), the American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), the American Nuclear Society (ANS), the Argonne National Laboratory (ANL) which is operated by the University of Chicago for the Department of Energy (DOE), the Edison Electric Institute (EEI), and the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) in Vienna, Austria.
- Author(s)Neil B. Bloom
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/01/2006
- GenreMechanical Engineering
- Series TitleMechanical Engineering
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width160 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.