All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOffers coverage of some of the major topics related to the performance and failure of materials used in electronic devices and electronics packaging. This book explains the common mechanisms that lead to electronics materials failures, including dielectric breakdown, hot-electron effects and radiation damage.
- Author BiographyDr. Milton Ohring, author of two previously acclaimed Academic Press books,The Materials Science of Thin Films (l992) and Engineering Materials Science (1995), has taught courses on reliability and failure in electronics at Bell Laboratories (AT&T and Lucent Technologies). From this perspective and the well-written tutorial style of the book, the reader will gain a deeper physical understanding of failure mechanisms in electronic materials and devices; acquire skills in the mathematical handling of reliability data; and better appreciate future technology trends and the reliability issues they raise. In 1988, Dr Lucian Kasprzak became an IEEE Fellow For contributions to very-largescale-integrated devices through the integration of reliability physics with process development. He discovered the hot-electron effect in short channel field-effect transistors, while at IBM in 1973. From 1992 to 1996, he was Associate Professor of Physics and Engineering Science at Franciscan University. He retired from IBM in 1995 after 30 years. In 1996, he joined Sterling Diagnostic Imaging as Reliability Manager for the Direct Radiography Program. He became Director of Reliability at Direct Radiography Corp. in 1997. Early in 2001 he became an independent Reliability Consultant.
- Author(s)Milton Ohring
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication12/02/2010
- GenreElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Edition Statement2nd edition
Best-selling in Engineering & Technology
Save on Engineering & Technology
- £44.45Trending at £50.95
- £35.99Trending at £48.60
- £27.44Trending at £28.89
- £109.60Trending at £157.74
- £14.41Trending at £18.92
- £11.33Trending at £12.22
- £11.85Trending at £16.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.